Re: Gmake is slow under cygwin

Check out the -x flag on mount.  It's not completely appropriate in general
but it has been noted to speed up performance by avoiding the need to open
files to check if they are executables.  On NTFS partitions, you can turn
on ntsec in the CYGWIN environment variable to get the same improvement more
appropriately.  See the user guide and the email archives in the last couple
of months that talk about both of these options, in regard to a similar issue
as a matter of fact.