Re: Fetchmail is available on Cygwin

> o sendmail-8.11.1 - http://www.sendmail.org/
>
> compiles (see patch below) . I'm using
>
> o db-3.1.17 - http://www.sleepycat.com/
>
> There seems to be a problem with my version of libdb.a. When I try sendmail -bi
> to create the alias file I get Permission denied.
> sendmail <user> gives: Cannot open hash database /usr/local/etc/aliases.db: Invalid argument
>
> OK the docu says, that I have to rebuild my aliases db when using libdb-3.x.
>
> My aliases.db was build with sendmail 8.9.3 (I used db-2.7.7 in that time).
>
> So I'm sticking with my old version.

I know I had to do some hacking on db-2.7.7 to create the build at
cygutils -- are you using the cygutils db?  Anyway, I know that Michael
Ring has ported db-3.1.7 to cygwin; he had mentioned contributing it to
cygwin a long time ago, but seems to have dropped off the list. (I don't
remember any postings from him since, oh, Nov 2000 or so)

Michael, are you there?

--Chuck