Re: Fetchmail is available on Cygwin

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 09:39:54AM -0500, David Bush wrote:
> I found a reference to this on the gnu.emacs.vm.info newsgroup.
>
> http://unixmail-w32.sourceforge.net/
>
> Fetchmail, mutt, sSMTP, a/pspell, and GnuPG.  Requires Cygwin to run.

mutt is in the base distro, ssmtp too (from today on), fetchmail builds
OOTB under Cygwin.

The problem is that fetchmail isn't _that_ useful without sendmail and
procmail. These two packages are the problem. They have no autoconf
generated configure script but instead some home brew script to
configure the build process. These scripts are not Cygwin friendly.
I'm still hopefully waiting for volunteers...

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.