Change user with the su command

Hi,

after 5 years of Linux, now I'm installing open sorce tools to W2000 for
web development, in particular the last tool I've installed is the
PostgreSQL database, now it's running, I've some problem in understand the
user management under cygwin, I work usually as administrator, which is
like the root and unix, but for example I've created an user in w2000
called postgres which manage the database, but now I don't know how to
switch from administrator to postgres user without relogin in w2000, I've
seen that the su command is here but it doesn't work like the linux su,
because if from the administrator shell I excute "su postgres" I got this
output:

	su: cannot set user id: Not owner

I've search for documentation and in the archive of the mailing lists but I
can't find something usefull, any help?

thanks,
	Fabio,