Re: An easy (but possibly time-consuming) test case for Make hanging (was: Re: Make hung in WaitForMultipleObjects inside Cygwin)

On Sun, Mar 04, 2001 at 04:14:55PM -0500, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
>I've found that if you put the Makefile shown below into an empty
>directory on a dual-processor machine running Cygwin 1.1.8-2 and Make
>3.79.1-2 and run "while true; do make -j2; done", you'll eventually
>get a Make process hung as I described in my messages last week
>(although it may take a couple of days).  You know things are hung
>when output stops in the window in which you run the "while" loop.
>
>I've reach the limit of my ability to debug this further.  Could
>someone with more knowledge of Cygwin internals try to duplicate this,
>using this test case?

In case someone is expecting the "someone with more knowledge" to be me,
I wanted to let everyone know that I'm not planning on debugging this
and will be interested in seeing who might be stepping forward to
give it a go.

cgf