Re: New symlinks.

wrt autoconf vs interactive use, if you are doing autoconf you are
most likely a sufficiently advanced guru that working around the
missing extensions is just another pain-in-the-butt.  IMHO, making
the interactive user happy is more important than making autoconf
developers happy.  I say this because there's more traffic from
users than from package maintainers...

(When was the last time you say mail saying "I'm porting package
xyz to cygwin and am running into following problem when doing
the configure.in script"?)

John Paulson
PowerTV, Inc.
Tel: 408/777-5255