Re: libodbc32.a with ODBC 3.x support wanted

Boris Schaeling wrote:

> I have problems compiling a C++ library under Cygwin which uses ODBC. A few
> ODBC functions are not found in sql.h (and I think in libodbc32.a neither).
> Looks like Cygwin 1.1.1 does not support ODBC 3.x.
>
> I found a lot of messages about ODBC in the archive telling me how to create
> libraries using Microsoft dlls and so on. So I don't want to start another
> ODBC thread. As I have no experience in creating libs from dlls it would be
> much easier for me just to get an updated libodbc32.a. Does the current
> Cygwin version contain libodbc32.a with support for ODBC 3.x? If so I'm
> going to update. If not: Anyone compiled a new libodbc32.a I can get (plus
> sql.h and sqlext.h)?

Try upgrading.  I know that work as been done to add some missing ODBC
functions.  I don't know if they are the ones you're missing though.

See http://cygwin.com/setup.exe to upgrade.  Please note that this setup
process is different that the one you used for 1.1.1 and will want to
install all packages as the controls were not yet developed when you
installed version 1.1.1 to control what you have installed.  However,
you have the ability to pick and choose what to install and the packages
of most interest for your concern will be the w32api package and the
gcc-2.95.2-6 package.

Earnie.