Re: ntsec

OK... Maybe _I_ misunderstood the original poster's point.

But, yesterday, I was setting up SSHD on a server.  In my /etc/passwd file,
I wanted to use "admin" instead of "administrator" since "admin" is less
typing.  But I didn't/couldn't change the Administrator Windows 2000 account
name.

So, I was following instructions in login.README and the openssh readme file
and used:
admin::500:544:System
Administrator,U-Administrator,S-1-5-21-...-500:/home/admin:/bin/bash

Then, when I SSH in, I get "password incorrect" or whatever the actual error
message is.
When, in the /etc/passwd file, I change "^admin" to "^administrator", I can
log in.

I was referring to the "if you don't like your NT login name" part of the
readme text I quoted.

Hope that makes more sense.  Kick me if I'm still overlooking the obvious.
<g>

-ME