RE: New symlinks.

Perhaps this is true, but it does lead to a much nicer surprise. Let's say I
have a link called ~/foo and some package (or me for that matter) wants to
create a file called foo.lnk? It's a surprise to say that foo.lnk already
exists since all I see is foo. It's a totally different surprise if foo
suddenly gets overwritten by foo.lnk.