RE: New symlinks.

The .lnk extension _will_ show in a dir list made by a non-Cygwin utility,
like Windows Explorer, or command.com/cmd.exe, so it's impossible to fully
hide the implementation details.  If it _were_ possible to completely hide
it, it would remove the point I see to  creating the new symlinks, which is
links Windows could follow, too.

Why not treat the new symlinks like Unix "." files: the .lnk extension is
not shown in a standard directory list, but _will_ be shown by "ls -a", or
if the user provides the explicit file name to ls.

> Corinna
______
Dennis