Re: SSH Server under WinNT

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 01:27:32PM +0100, Mag. M. Faffelberger wrote:
> hi corinna,
>
> where can i download the "Cygwin/openssh-2.3.0" which you described below?

I assume you have a fairly old version of Cygwin. I suggest removing
it completely from your system and install the current Cygwin net
distribution.

Installing is simple. Just visit http://cygwin.com with your
browser and click on the link "Install Cygwin now". This will
download a tool called `setup.exe'. When you start it it will
ask you several questions in a GUI. Simply follow the instructions
resp. answer the questions. Please use the default values when
available. It will avoid some headaches.

Setup will ask for a mirror for downloading. Use a mirror near to
you. I suggest ftp://gd.tuwien.ac.at which is pretty fast.

Setup will ask you for the packages to install. Please install
everything (~300MB) except you exactly know what you are doing!
Since setup has yet no mechanism to maintain dependencies you
will get problems when dropping packages just because they sound
strange.

After installation you should read the document
/usr/doc/Cygwin/openssh-2.3.0p1.README which I have already
mentioned in my previous mail. It contains a descriptions
of the steps needed to setup sshd.

Hope that helps,
Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.