Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT]: Important change to symbolic linkfunctionali ty

At 04:30 PM 2/22/2001, Earnie Boyd wrote:

> > >No. Obviously not. Since Cygwin tar reads and saves the POSIX path
> > >in the tarball, it is absolutely correctly recreated when unpacked
> > >on the target system even when the links are absolute links, say
> > >/usr/include/foo or alike.
> >
> > Wait, but you're just talking about the POSIX path.  I think Chuck was
> > referring to the Windows paths, right Chuck?
> >

>You misunderstand Corinna.  She is saying that the *.lnk files wouldn't
>be in the tarball only the attribute of the links and the *.lnk file
>would be recreated when extracting it from the tarball.  The *.lnk file
>itself would not be extracted but recreated.

Ah, OK.  I guess I don't know how the "attribute of the links" are represented
but if the symlinks are recreated, that should take care of the basic problem.
So these "attributes" would still be platform specific, just like the current
symlinks, right?