Re: GCC untrackable crashes

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 01:58:12PM -0500, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:

>> >Well, I can't say that I use GDB that often but everytime that I've used
>> >it I see this problem.  I've been able to switch to the assembler
>> >listing and set breakpoints on each instruction of the object containing
>> >main() and be able to get a source code point of problem.
>>
>> I'm not interested in fixing the GDB problem.  It works fine for me when
>> I need it.
>>
>> If someone wants to track this down, more power to them.
>>
>> I assume it has something to do with the frame pointer not being set.
>>
>> I'm beginning to wonder if the rumors of Cygwin's death are not
>> exaggerated if two notable Cygwin contributors have resorted to sending
>> "me too" and "here's a simple test case, hope that helps" messages.
>>

>Geesh, if you take the time to reread my post you'll see that I was
>offering Kevin a possible work around.

I guess I am getting sort of tired of workarounds.  It is increasingly
discouraging to read this mailing list.  There are lots of advisors,
which is nice, but very very few workers, which is... discouraging.

Giving someone the advice of "Yeah, gdb is broke -- just use assembly
language" is just not going to make my day.

cgf