Re: GCC untrackable crashes

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 12:57:07AM -0600, Mumit Khan wrote:
>On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
>> Hmm.  As someone who uses the compiler and debugger on an almost daily basis
>> I have to say that I have never seen this behavior on a program that was
>> compiled with debugging info (-g).
>
>Thanks to Kevin's post, here's the smallest buggy, but conforming C++,
>testcase I can come up with:
>
>  int
>  main ()
>  {
>    char *foo = "";
>    delete[] foo;
>  }

When I compile this program with the net release of gcc and debug it with
the net release of gdb, it gets a SIGSEGV and stops.

I click on "View" and "Stack" and the output is perfectly understandable.
I haven't tried specifically with Cygwin 1.1.8 so maybe there is some kind
of inexplicable problem with that version of Cygwin.  If that is the case
then the Cygwin snapshots may work better for people.

cgf