Re: cygwin1.dll

Hi again,

I didn't know you could have symlinks on a PC.

The file was hidden as in:  my folder options were set to hide all system
files, so I couldn't see the file and neither could the finder.  My program
(which should have read the file either way) is still not finding
cygwin1.dll, but at least now I know that it is a problem with the .exe
file, and not your installation kit.

Thanks.
Kirran

                    Earnie Boyd
                    <earnie_boyd@        To:     Kirran.Bari@sf.frb.org
                    yahoo.com>           cc:     Earnie Boyd <cygwin@cygwin.com>
                                         Subject:     Re: cygwin1.dll
                    02/21/01
                    01:52 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    Earnie Boyd

Kirran.Bari@sf.frb.org wrote:

> Earnie,
>
> You're right - the setup log says that the file was installed right in
the
> bin folder.  The file is there but just hidden.

Hidden?  What do you mean hidden?  Do you have symlinks for /bin or
/usr/bin?  If you do have symlinks these are known not to work with
setup.exe which is by the way a non-Cygwin executable so it 1) doesn't
understand symlinks and 2) doesn't know about the Cygwin registry wrt
actually using it to find files are concerned.

Earnie.