Re: Where is cygwin installed - automatic query

At 06:20 PM 2/20/2001, Stephen Smith wrote:
>I am writing an installshield script to install a cross-compiler for some of our users.  The standard cygwin install
>doesn't update the path variable to include the cygnus executables. Since I need to perform a mount, I need to know
>where the Cygnus is installed.
>
>Is there a registry key I should be looking for.

I guess I'm confused about what you're looking for.  So are you going to use
setup to install Cygwin and then use your own install program to install the
cross-compiler?  If so, you don't need to do any mount.  Setup does this
for you.  You can find these mount points under

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2

- or -

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2

Is this what you're trying to do?