Re: Problems building gcc-2.95.2

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Prince" <tprince@computer.org>
<cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 10:35 AM
Subject: Re: Problems building gcc-2.95.2

> Several interesting points were raised, which I am attempting to check
by
> building the standard gcc-2.95.3 myself right now.  After reading the
> messages, I am trying ../configure

CC='/usr/bin/gcc -mwin32' --host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=i686-pc-cygwin
--pr
> efix=/usr/local/  in an attempt to avoid going into cross compiler
mode.  I
> find that my --prefix is being over-ridden to the extent of building
in
> /usr/local/i686-pc-cygwin

In the event that anyone is still interested, it's a dirty situation.
Regardless of choice of --target and --prefix, I found that I had to
copy all files from include/w32api into gcc-2.95.2/include, except for
getopt.h, which conflicts, in addtion to copying /usr/include to the
target install directory.  Then, in order to build libf2c, it is
necessary to copy those files into the libf2c build directory, as well
as hacking [de]time_.c to overcome their dependence on an obsoleted
version of <windows.h>.

I see that David Billinghurst has been able to build today's mainline
snapshot, but gets an excessive number of g++ testsuite failures.  My
connection with codesourcery appears to be broken today.