Cygwin compiled DLL under Visual C++

Dear Cygwin-Support!
Dear Christopher Faylor,
we at OSC have bought 2000 seats of Cygwin for our product development.
We have developed a lot of functionality under Solaris, so we use Cygwin for
the NT-Port.
We also have a separate platform independent GUI development with QT
(Trolltech) and C++.
It is not possible to compiler/or use QT under Cygwin. So we have developed
the GUI
with QT under Visual C++. In order to access our ported functionality we
have built a DLL
under Cygwin (1.1.4 and 1.1.8) with the dlltool. Then we have linked the DLL
in our QT Visual C++
Project and we could link an executable. But it crashed! Then we tried a
simple function without
Cygwin specific parts as a DLL (same procedure). It worked. Then we used the
fprintf() function
in the Cygwin world in the DLL and it crashed again. So we tried if Visual
C++ is the problem or not.
And it is not the problem, because we have linked the simple DLL in a Cygwin
C++ (G++) program,
-> same crash!

Please give us an advise how we can generate a running DLL under Cygwin (in
C) in  order to
use it in a Visual C++ project.

If you need more information I can send you the error messages and a
description of
how we have generated the DLL.

I really hope you can help us, because we have some hard deadlines.
Thanks
Hans Juergen Holberg

OSC - OFFIS Systems and Consulting GMBH, Industriestr. 11, D-26121 Oldenburg
Dipl.Inform.  Hans J. Holberg               Phone +49 (0) 4 41 3 50 42 -3 14
Director Consulting Embedded Systems          Sekr.: -3 00        Fax: -3 80
E:Mail  holberg@o-s-c.de                            URL: http://www.o-s-c.de
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ