RE: Gnome + winMe/98 + commericial x server?

Glib modules don't compile ootb yet, have a look at the main cygwin
archives (search for gmodule).

There is some work going on, but unless you are willing to
a) write an esound interface to DirectSound/Windows Wavemapper
b) get gmodules working

you won't get a functional GNOME yet.

b) is already under progress, but I don't think anyone is working on a)
as yet.

Rob