telnet session shell problem

Hi:

   I installed cygwin and drived inted. But when I
logined my server by using "telnet", the display is
totally different (ie. the 'xxxxx@xxx /xx' replaced
by the funny color code, can not use arrow key to
click the cygwin applcation icon and go inside cygwin,
the display is correct (on the server). What's the
problem? Can someone help? I am totally new to this
area.

regards