Some Problems

Congratulation the cygwin project is great!

Now I incontered some problems.

First my system setup:
PIII 500 320MB RAM
Windows NT 4.0 SP5

I use the bash and there I have some problems:

Makeing a logout/exit/^D from the bash I get the following:
bash.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x205e5973" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The
Memory could not be "read".
I noticed that sometimes it doesn't happen, but most of the times it
does :(

Another problem, if a connect with a foraign linux-host (I use ssh) and
start there BitchX it gives me the following output:

BitchX - Based on EPIC Software Labs epic ircII (1998).
Version (BitchX-75p3) -- Date (19990221).
Process [8417] connected to tty [/dev/pts/0]
Using terminal type [cygwin]

Your terminal (cygwin) cannot run IRC II in full screen mode.
The following features are missing from your TERM setting.
        Scrolling
So we'll be running in dumb mode...

I tried to perform a
#export TERM=xterm
before starting BitchX, this results in BitchX starting but giving me a
nearly scrambled output.

Is the Scrolling feature available for the cygwin bash? And if it is,
how could I enable it.

I also would like to use SHIFT-PgUP and SHIFT-PgDOWN to scroll in the
screen-buffer, is this possible?

And last but not least:
I enabled the QuickEdit-Mode to be able to perform cut/paste using the
mouse, know if I click into my bash-window it selects it and starting
typing it beeps, is it possible to disable this beep, it is really
annoying to me and my neighbours. Note I already did set the bell-style
none that doesn't help for this case.
Ohh and am I right in the assumption that the bell-style visual isn't
supported, will it be?

I hope this aren't to basic questions, but I couldn't find anything on
the web.
Thanks

cu pazzo

--
                          ''~``
                        ( o o )
+------------------.oooO--(_)--Oooo.-------------------------------+
|                                                  ,      ,        |
|  Save software competition, use Linux and Java! /(      )        |
|  mailto:pohnewein@prodata.it                    \ \_   /|        |
|                                                 /- _`-/ '        |
|                                                (/\/\ \ /\        |
|                                                 O O )    |       |
|   Also visit the official HomePage            (_.) _ )  /        |
|             of the first                       `.___/` /         |
|    Linux User Group in Southtyrol    <---.     __ / __ \         |
                             (_/