Re: Creating libraries

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Patrick Reuter wrote:

> Hi, and thanks already for the help from yesterday,
>
> Unfortunately I still have a problem compiling libraries under Windows
> using cygwin with gcc.
>
> I don't want (or do I have to ?) create .dll files but .lib libraries.

Okay, in  the case of static libraries, cygwin is unix-like: statlibs end
in .a and are traditional archives (built using 'ar [options] name
objs....'

To link, you use -L$(PATH) -lname, where the library is called:
 lib{name}.a

(actually, there is a complicated precedence order having to do with dll
import libs, static libs, and 'direct-to-dll' linking, but we won't get
into that here)

--Chuck