Re: getpwnam failed to find userid for effective user 'nobody'

Tomorrow, Guy Worthington wrote:
> FATAL: getpwnam failed to find userid for effective user 'nobody'
[...snip...]
> Can someone please help me identify myself?

it's not you that getpwnam failed to find, it's "nobody" which by default
isn't in /etc/passwd. On Linux anyway squid changes to user nobody the
last I checked. Unfortunately squid for cygwin doesn't have any of the
docs bundled with it yet, but I'll bet this will show up in it's install
directions. ;)

in the mean time you can create a line like this (I've not tested this):

nobody:x:99:99:Nobody:/:

--
now the forces of openness have a powerful and
  unexpected new ally - http://ibm.com/linux