RE: ksh93? -- also u/win question

Yes.  Along with a periodic announcement of what packages are currently
shipped as part of Cygwin, and what third-party ports are known to exist for
Cygwin but for whatever reason aren't/can't be distributed with Cygwin
itself.

> I did announce the last Cygwin DLL update on freshmeat.
>
> It would be nice for this project to get a little more
> exposure, I think.

Very.  Open source is neat, and folks like Eric Raymond have analysed the
development process. But one thing I haven't seen Eric or other writers
comment on is how you get folks to participate in the first place.  Just
putting up a project on SourceForge won't do it.

From what I've seen, people get involved because it is something they can
use themselves, or because there is a major coolness factor and some
bragging rights associated with the project.  Cygwin is cool enough that I
think more folks might be interested in hacking on it, once the word got
out.

> cgf
______
Dennis