Re: Linking Library

On 3 Feb 2001, at 16:09, the Illustrious Pang, To wrote:

> Dear,
>
> Can I use the cygwin link with MSVC lib or Boland Lib ?

	Afaik, no.  Cygwin linking does not get along with msvc or borland
libs.

> I'm using MSVC 6.0 now to compile program which link with oracle Native
> Call Interface ( OCI ) Which provided with MSVC and BOLAND Lib.
>
> Or is there any free compiler can replace the MSVC ?

	Well, let me think about this...mmm, there is something called
Cygwin...I've heard it works really well, supplies a "Unix-like"
interface and already has runtime support for ODBC...and...oh yes,
there is one other package available designed to be used when a
developer is wanting to generate native windows applications...I think
it's called Mingw.  Both are available w/o cost (aside from download
time) on the internet as long as you observe their licensing policies.

	Latest release of Cygwin can be found at:
		http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/

	Latest release of Mingw can be found at:
	http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435&release_id=15084

	Mingw is also included as part of Cygwin runtime distribution.

	Peace,

		Paul G.

> Please Help
>
> Thank