Re: Setup oddity

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 02:04:24PM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > Not sure whether this is a bug or a feature.
>
> Me neither.  Probably yet another MS bug we'll have to work around.

I'm inclined to think that, since other programs exhibit the same
behavior, while I've a few which don't.  It could also be an IE5 option.
Since I don't use IE . . .

> More likely, the IE5 (nio-ie5.cc) code needs to be a little smarter
> about reusing an existing connection, rather than switching the whole
> setup program over to direct mode (direct doesn't allow proxies, for
> example).  If you want to investigate doing this, please do.

Worth a shot.  Good excuse to learn that side of networking.  I'm
primarily a, "Can I get a socket?  Good.  Now I'll just use it" in terms
of experience--we do more device control with the network as an
afterthought around here.

Where can I find the setup source archive?

On the usual mirrors?

Charles

--
Charles Krug, Jr.