Setup oddity

Hello List:

Not sure whether this is a bug or a feature.

I'm using setup 2.29.

If I'm offline and I tell setup to "Use IE5 settings," it starts up my
dialup connection.

If I'm online and tell setup to "Use IE5 settings," it opens the
connection dialog, even though I'm already online.  If you cancel the
DUN connection dialog, Win95 ever-so-helpfully disconnects you.  That's
a Win95 thing--other programs do the same dumb trick.

If I'm online and tell setup that I'm on a direct connection, it works
just fine.

Is it possible to detect the presence of an active internet connection
so that setup doesn't dial up when it doesn't need to?

Charles

--
Charles Krug, Jr.
Applications Engineer