RE: glibc cross-compilation: file names problems

Cygwin depends on the windows file system interface, which is case
preserving, as opposed to case sensitive.

While you might be able to design a reversible name mangling system that
cygwin could use, I doubt it would be a) very efficient or b) easy to
implement without opening a can of worms.

So you are correct the solution is to fix the glibc makefiles.

Rob