From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) [mailto:lhall@rfk.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 11:01 AM
To: Mark; cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: cntl-z

At 10:59 AM 1/30/2001, Mark wrote:
>I just upgraded cygwin to the December 2000 release and I can no longer get
>the command line back with cntl-z when running windows apps.  I understand
>that it did not really suspend the windows app before, but it was nice to
be
>able to get to the command line without killing the process.  Is there
>another way to do this or can this behavior be optioned-in?  I prefer not
>would begin using all of the cpu until killed.  (I think it got stuck in a
>loop alternating between sizes or something)

Try setting/unsetting tty in CYGWIN and close all Cywgin apps so cygwin1.dll
unloads.  Then restart bash.  Also try with bash in a DOS prompt, rather
than
in rxvt.  These are shots in the dark.  If it doesn't help and you can't
find anything else, the output of cygcheck -s -r -v to the list might be
helpful but I'm dubious...

ckfile