RE: awk permissions related problem - manual-entry --> awk: permission denied

Hi Earnie,

Deleting and re-creating the link resulted in the same problem.

The other approach, if I understood correctly, resulted in a different
problem. I deleted the awk link and created a script named awk with the
contents:

----------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
gawk $*
-----------------------------------

This errored out with the *Man <cmdName>* buffer showing:

--------------------------------------
/usr/bin/awk: gawk.exe: permission denied

process exited abnormally with code 126

and the *Messages* buffer showing:

Invoking man chmod in the background
Please wait: making up the chmod man page...
chmod man page made up
error in process sentinel: *Man chmod*: process exited abnormally with
code 126 [2 times]

Finally, I tried one more workaround. I deleted the awk script and just
copied gawk.exe to awk.exe. Interestingly, I got more or less the same
problem. The contents of the *Messages* buffer were:

Invoking man chmod in the background
Please wait: making up the chmod man page...
chmod man page made up
error in process sentinel: *Man chmod*: process exited abnormally with
code 126 [2 times]

and the contents of the *Man <cmdName>* buffer were:

awk: permission denied

process exited abnormally with code 126

BTW, man from a bash shell works without problem

Thanks for you help.

Chuck