Re: KSH is pdksh

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Earnie Boyd wrote:

> "David M. Karr" wrote:
> > "/usr/bin/bash.exe".  Poof.  You have Korn shell.  As far as I can
> > tell, Bash can substitute for Korn shell in every area I'm familiar
> > with.

Nope, bash is not ksh. There are quite a few ksh93 features that are not
implemented in bash (and possibly quite a few from ksh88 days, but I
don't have details on those).

> I knew that once upon a time.  Thanks for reminding me.  Hey miss bash
> maintainer how about a postinstall script to ln -s bash.exe ksh.exe?

Please don't. I personally very much dislike misleading links. If people
want ksh, they should go and port it using the AT&T's now open source
ksh93.

Regards,
Mumit