RE: link GNU and msdev

Sasha.

thanks for that knowledge.

please look at this code:

both MS and GNU environments work fine with the function f().
but both fail in function print() that call printf() library function
using that Makefile will produce two executables
gprog - that compiled and linked by gcc
prog -  that compiled and linked by MS's tools

----------------------  dll_code.c ------------------
#include <stdio.h>

void print()
{
	printf("Hello world\n");
}

int f()
{
	return 1;
}
----------------------- prog.c -----------------------
#include <stdio.h>

#ifdef WIN32
#include <windows.h>
	__declspec( dllimport ) void print();
	__declspec( dllimport ) int f();
#else
	void print();
	int f();
#endif

void (*pPrint)();
int (*pF)();

int main()
{
#ifdef WIN32
  HINSTANCE hLib;
  hLib = LoadLibrary("dll.dll");
	pF = (int (*)(int val))GetProcAddress(hLib,"f");
	pPrint = (int (*)(char*))GetProcAddress(hLib,"print");
#else
	pF = f;
	pPrint = print;
#endif
	printf("%d\n",pF());
	pPrint();
	return 0;
}
---------------------- main.c -----------------------
int main() {}
-------------------- Makefile ----------------------------
gprog.exe: prog.c dll.dll msprog.exe
	gcc -g prog.c dll.lib -o gprog

dll.dll: exp.o main.c
	gcc -g main.c dll_code.c exp.o -o dll.dll -mno-cygwin

exp.o: dll_code.o
	dlltool -e exp.o -l dll.lib -D dll.dll --export-all-symbols
dll_code.o

dll_code.o: dll_code.c
	gcc -c -g dll_code.c

clean:
	rm -f *.o *.exe* *.lib *.dll *.lreg *.obj vc6*

msprog.exe: prog.c dll.lib
	cl prog.c dll.lib /D "WIN32" -Femsprog /nologo /W3 /GX /D "NDEBUG"
/D "_CONSOLE" /D "_MBCS" /YX /FD /c
	link prog.obj dll.lib

other thing is that MS linked executable do not statically load the DLL

Raz