Re: OpenSSH crashes - able to repeat the cause

Corinna Vinschen <cygwin@cygwin.com> writes:

> On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 09:05:34PM +0000, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> > "Jack Radigan" <jprad@dnb.com> writes:
> >
> > > I've only been doing this on NT4, not Win2k.
> > >
> > > Sorry.
> > >
> > > -jack-

> > Another Win2k user with this crash.
>
> I like these "me too"s like headaches.
>
> Guess what? I'm using W2K and I'm not seeing this. Where is the guy
> having that problem trying actually to DEBUG the problem?

I'm trying as hard as I can with the resources I have available to
debug, by giving as much detail on the problem which has not otherwise
been provided, in the hopes that they will spark an 'aha!' reaction
from someone.

Would compiling id (the program which fails) from source with -g be a
useful step?  Presumably not, because the crash goes in to the Win2k
debugger directly -- what would be required to get symbols available
for debugging at that point?  I have a bit of experience debugging C
under Win2K, and would be happy to try to follow suggestions in this
area to help sort this out once and for all.

Any program at all with symbols etc. would do, actually, as anything
you run from the command line after blowing off the initial error dies.

ht