Re: Compiling with -fpack-struct yields wrong results

At 10:39 AM 1/22/2001, Maria wrote:
>Hello,
>
>When compiling my program with -fpack-struct, fstat returns the wrong
>result !!!
>
>I suggest redefining "struct stat" with the packed attribute in the
>corresponding include file. Or at least to add something about it in the
>FAQ.
>
>I think the problem is common to all non-aligned structures.

Thanks for the suggestion.  If this is an important feature to you, you can
submit a patch to accomplish this yourself, thus ensuring that the change
occurs and does so quickly.  Often things like this end up on someone's
"to do" list and since that someone is a volunteer, it may not reach the
top of the list for sometime.  If its top on your list and you'd like to
help get it into Cygwin ASAP, visit http://www.cygwin.com/contrib.html to
find out how you can help out.