Re: uuencode, uudecode

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Chuck,
> Any chance that you'd like to add these utilities under some catchy name
> in the main distribution?  They seem like they would be very useful.

Eventually.  I've hacked on these quite a bit lately, trying to make the
code 'releasable', so they do not represent the same code I've been
using for ages.  That makes me a little nervous about dumping what
amounts to untested code into the cygwin distribution.  However, after
the cygutils package has had a little time to simmer, I'd be willing to
commit the whole misc package to the main distribution.

Before doing that, though, I'd need to add popt to the distro.

When the time comes, are you suggesting splitting uuencode/decode into
one package in the main distro, d2u/u2d/conv into another package, or
keeping them all bundled and renaming the bundle-package to something
more 'catchy' than misc?

BTW, I also have a mktemp implementation (based on the BSD distro) that
I'm considering adding to misc...

--Chuck