Re: /usr/bin/groff:fatal error: wait: Interrupted system call

On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 02:35:51PM -0000, Josifovski Ljubomir-BLJ01Z wrote:
>The man command regularly dies after brought in foreground from suspension:
>
>$ fg %3
>man objdump
>Error executing formatting or display command.
>System command (cd /usr/man ; (echo -e ".pl 1100i"; cat
>/usr/man/man1/objdump.1;
> echo ".pl \n(nlu+10") | /usr/bin/tbl | /usr/bin/groff -Tascii -mandoc |
>/bin/le
>ss) exited with status -1.
>No manual entry for objdump
>/usr/bin/groff:fatal error: wait: Interrupted system call
>Signal 1

This is a side effect of the fact that cygwin did not used to have restartable
signals.  As of the last week or so, I've started implementing this so CTRL-Z
shold work better.  There was also another unrelated problem with stopping a
cygwin process which I've also fixed.

>I wreckon the groff invoked by man is culpable. Is anyone else experiencing
>this? Solution?
>(cygwin1.dll 1.0.7 on Win2K)
>
>Maybe connected with this (nad maybe not): ctrl-c stops working in the bash
>command window after a while - it works fine when the shell window is
>opened. Stty -a still shows ^C for intr. Any ideas?

I doubt that it is related, and I've never seen this so I can't fix it.

cgf