Re: two differents version of unctrl.h, one in cygwin-1.1.7 and one in ncurses-5.2

Earnie Boyd wrote:

> Charles Wilson wrote:
> >
> > I'll release a new ncurses where the ncurses version of unctrl.h is
> > renamed 'nunctrl.h' and change all internal ncurses references to point
> > to the new file.  But I can't guarantee any time frame on that.
> >

> I don't know about the rest of this list but I would prefer it be
> /usr/include/ncurses/unctrl.h.  It is then obvious as to what it is
> for.  If you name it nunctrl.h then it won't be that obvious.

But if I do that, then where should all the other include files for
ncurses go?  It's really odd for them to be split between /usr/include
and /usr/include/ncurses/ .  However, ncurses is not like readline -- it
doesn't like to install its header files into a subdirectory of
/usr/include.  (e.g. the #include directives for most packages that
depend on ncurses reference <curses.h>, not <ncurses/curses.h>.  This
also goes for the ncurses header files themselves -- they
inter-reference <foo.h>, not <ncurses/foo.h> or "foo.h".

--Chuck