Re: Pthreads on Cygwin

At 08:04 PM 1/14/2001, Georg Waldschmidt wrote:
>Hello,
>I want to use pthread with Cygwin (not MinGW). But there is only a
>pthread.h in cygwin/usr/include, but no semaphore.h etc. Are the
>pthreads not shipped together with Cygwin ?
>Also, I saw that many includes are mirrored in cygwin/usr/include and
>cygwin\cygwin-1.1.7-1\newlib\libc\include. Why ?
>
>Regards,
>Georg

Cygwin has some built-in thread support, though there are still bugs and
the implementation is not entirely complete.  If you're talking about using
the pthread package with Cygwin, you should check the email archives on
this subject.  There has been allot of talk about this.  The standard
response to the queries regarding the pthread package under Cygwin is that
it won't work.  The email archives can fill you in on all the discussion and
other individual efforts to use it.