Re: An appeal for help!

If people have any ideas please respond personally.

Personally, it sounds like your system is still hosed, to me.
Either that or you have put a wininet.dll from one revision of
Windows 9[58] onto a system with an incompatible version of
ADVAPI32.DLL.

But, again, this is off-topic here.  You might find a better discussion
group by searching at deja.com or even a web site that will help if
you look via google.com.

cgf

cgf@cygnus.com                        Red Hat, Inc.