Re: A Question regarding importing objects from SUN OS...

Dj Shark wrote:

> Hello there,I am recently new to the cygwin project, but found it an
> excellent tool in compiling c programs.I have seen your email in the
> mailing lists, so I hope I'm not imposing any trouble by asking you
> the fllowing question: I've encountered one major problem, which maybe
> you can solve: When attempting to run gcc, in cygwin enviroment, with
> objects which were made for SUN OS (Solaris, I think) Unix enviroment,
> and which are supposed to work fine with gcc, gcc starts printing
> linkage errors such as:

It is *not* possible to take an object built for a different OS and use
it with Cygwin.  You can create cross-compilers that will build objects
for differing platforms; but, you can't take an object built for one
platform to be usable on another.

Cheers,
Earnie

P.S.: I've CCed the list for the benefit of the archives.