rlogin, SIGWINCH and TIOCPKT_WINDOW with Solaris server

Hmmm ... I'm running the Cygwin rlogin client in an xterm and logging
into a remote Solaris 2.6 server ... I would dearly like even the
initial window size to be properly propagated to the remote server, not
to mention subsequent changes to the xterm window size, but it seems
that the expected TIOCPKT_WINDOW indicator is not being sent by the
server when the session is established ... does anyone have any idea why ?

By the way, if I manually send a SIGUSR1 signal to the parent process,
or a SIGURG to the client everything works ... I think it looks like a
Solaris server-side issue !

I'm off to celebrate New Year now, so I suspect I'll have to wait for
next year for an answer on this !

Thanks,

Anthony.