Re: Logging off NT while a bash window is open

At 12:10 PM 12/22/2000, Weiqi Gao wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have noticed that my bash window (a CMD.EXE window
>running bash) sometimes won't close when I log off my
>NT 4.0 SP6 workstation, causing a dialog to show up
>for me to do a hard kill on the process.
>
>This does not happen all the time.  But it does happen
>under certain circumstances.  I haven't figured out
>what these circumstances are yet.  But I have a
>feeling that running vim or NTEmacs would cause it to
>happen, but I'm not sure.
>

>=====
>Weiqi Gao
>weiqigao@yahoo.com

This happens to me since day-one of using Cygwin (at least 4 years ago) so
if you see it only sometimes, you're lucky!;-)  AFAIK, the reason is because
the Cywgin processes (or is it somehow just related to bash?) don't respond
to the logoff notification.  I remember talk about this on the mail list
from long ago.  The result was to leave things "as-is", since there was
some concern that a change would cause other problems.  If you're interested,
check the mail archives and ferret around in the code a bit to see what you
can come up with.  I find it a small annoyance myself but, as you can see,
I haven't let it slow me down over the years!;-)