RE: bash wildcard expansion

sorry, my example could't have been worse: i just wanted to
illustrate that the asterix was being expanded (by the shell?)
even though it's escaped.

the problem is: when invoking

	java someclass \*

the \* is being expanded to the list of files in the current
directory (the class is invoked with a list of filenames rather
than with a "*".) AFAIK that shouldn't be.

roman

mailto:putt@multex.com
Multex.com, Inc.                                       http://www.multex.com
33 Maiden Lane                                         tel +1 (212) 859 9908
New York, NY 10038                                     fax +1 (212) 859 9810