Re: delete old version?

* Mon 2000-12-18 Markus Hoenicka <Markus.Hoenicka@uth.tmc.edu> list.cygwin

| I think in the case of MySQL the often-heard-on-this-list reason why
| they include B19-based clients is that no one cared to provide a newer
| port. It's also open source, so there is no point in waiting that
| "they" provide it. Port it and they'll be happy to include it.
|
| I personally was only interested in libmysql so far. It is possible to
| build it from the most recent sources with cygwin 1.1.6. I can provide
| the patches and build instructions if you need them. I didn't look at
| the clients yet, but it should not be impossible to build them
| too. They're on my todo list, but not at top priority.

Oh please port the clients!! I'm have been waiting for MytSQL
client to work straight from the Win32 Emacs process buffer a la

    M-x sql-mysql

Right now, the windows ports are broken for Emacs communication,
I have a feeling that they don't use standard stdin and stdout
which are needed for integrating with Emacs.

You would see me coding an Emacs lisp support module for mySQL
if I had one available .... Think of minor mode for administrerin
User additions/deletions/access rights/server status/stops etc
with few keystrokes.

Jari