User32.dll problems.

Hi all,

Long time listener...first time caller (yada yada yada).

Recently I've had problems invoking any cygwin stuff.  Even
after doing a fresh install I'm getting error messages relating to
not being able to load user32.dll and then it gives an incredibly
helpful error message like "Win32 error 6" (or error 0, or 2, etc).

I've searched thru the archives for folks with the same problem and
it appears there have been some.  I took a a look at the responses,
and I've checked my path (c:\win\sys is there, cygwin dirs are before
win dirs, etc).  I've downloaded Dependency Walker but don't know
enough to make heads or tails out of it (although the system info
window is helpful).

any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Lazlo...