Re: [long] Re: signals?

At 06:39 12/12/00 -0800, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>Yes, this is true.  You've two different runtimes with two different memory
>managers and two different process managers.  You're best bet would be to find
>or create a jvm that is Cygwin intelligent.

yeah, that combo just doesn't seem like it's going to be friendly
to this whole thing... but does the strace output that was below
that look to you like /bin/bash is "doing the right thing" anyway?

hmmm... that second idea though has intrigued me before... I wonder
just what it would take... process, signal and memory management,
obviously, and file system integration, but what else? linker/loader?
I can't think of anything else, but I think I'll write up a proposal
and send it up through the chains at work....

now the forces of openness
     have a powerful and
     unexpected new ally
    http://ibm.com/linux/