Re: cygwin binmode problem, dll initialization time

--- Christian Tismer <tismer@tismer.com> wrote:
> Earnie,
>
> sorry, this is not true.
> I have an open CYGWIN window, and CYGWIN is *not* set.
> Then I start a little wrapper which sets CYGWIN and
> fires up the Cygwin ssh process, on demand of WinCVS.
> This *does* work, but only because my wrapper is
> not compiled with gcc, but MS C++. The new incarnation
> of the cygwin dll is then evaluating the params correctly.

You may be able to set some settings once Cygwin is initialized however, not
all settings are resettable once Cygwin initialized.  In supporting users on
this list we must therefore take that stance that the CYGWIN environment
variable must be set before starting any Cygwin process.

Cheers,

=====
Earnie Boyd
mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com