./configure command debugging

I just thought I'd stick my head up... for anyone out there who is new to unix/autoconfigure scripts

./configure is different for each and every software package. And it's oftern different for different releases of a software
product.

./configure is nothing but a scripts that depends on m4, and often perl as well.

So to get the best response from the list, include the following details

what software product, and what version you are trying to configure.
ie squid 2.4 devel 4 snapshot 20/11/2000

the output of cygcheck -r -s -v

Rob