Re: [avail for test] ncurses-5.2-2

Jason Tishler wrote:

> Chuck,
>
> On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 04:42:34AM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
> > ..., using the Lucida ConsoleP font (-fn "Lucida
> > ConsoleP-12" -- this is available from
> > http://cygutils.netpedia.net/unversioned/bashprompt/luconP.zip). LuconP
> > is encoded as DOS codepage 437 by default -- this codepage includes the
> > linedraw characters -- rather than ANSI or a different national font.)
>
> Can you (or someone else) describe the procedure and tools used to
> create Lucida ConsoleP?  I would like to attempt this on my favorite font
> too.

I installed a 30-day trial of one of the font editing tools -- FontLab,
Fontographer, I can't remember now 'cause the 30 days ended and I
uninstalled.

There's probably an easier way to do this -- select cp437 as "default"
maybe -- but I couldn't figure out how to do that.  So, I changed the
encoding for individual glyphs by hand in the existing "default"
encoding, so that it looked like cp437.

(I think LuconP still declares itself to be cp1250, but it's not cp1250
anymore...)

Basically, I just banged my head against it until it worked the way I
wanted it to.

--Chuck