RE: Two solutions for setup.exe windows hiding

Just my 2c...

I really dislike dialogs from windows in the background popping in front
of my current active window. Certainly when the product is launched
coming to the front makes sense. But I'll typically start the download,
switch to another windows and then switch back later to see where it is.
I often end up cancelling dialogs that pop up - because I happened to
hit SPACE or RETURN at the critical time anyway...

so from the look of your solutions I prefer 1.

Rob